The update brings several new features and improvements.
Apple’s full release notes for the update are below.
Software version 17 includes support for your HomePod. This update moreover includes bug fixes and stability improvements.
– Siri support for AirPlay allows you to start an AirPlay session from your iPhone or iPad directly on your HomePod using just your voice, so you can play an plane wider range of third-party music services on HomePod.
– New undeniability controls enable you to mute or unmute a undeniability on HomePod.
– Enhance Dialogue on HomePod (2nd generation) gives you the option to hear spoken voices increasingly unmistakably over preliminaries sounds when paired with Apple TV 4K.
Your HomePod or HomePod mini should update automatically, but you can moreover manually update your device by doing the following:
- Open the Home app.
- Tap on the icon that looks like three dots in the upper right corner.
- Tap on “Home Settings.”
- Scroll lanugo to “Software Update.”
- Tap “Software Update” to see if there are any misogynist updates.
Once you’ve tapped on “Software Update,” you’ll see the current version of the HomePod software that is installed on your HomePod or HomePod mini. You can moreover toggle off will-less updates if you want.
If there is an misogynist update, tap the “Install” sawed-off to update your HomePod. If you have increasingly than one HomePod or HomePod mini in your home, each one will be updated at the same time via this software update feature.
A white spinning light appears on the top of HomePod while it’s updating. The update might take some time. Make sure that your HomePod stays plugged in while it’s updating.